Sunday, July 12, 2009

My First Quilt

Here is a picture of my first quilt that I made. I told my mother in law that I didn't want to do anything hard, so I would just skip the applique. She wouldn't let me get off that easily, and now I'm so glad she didn't! I LOVE applique! So anyway, here it is:


And here is a picture of my lastest quilt. I love this fabric, it's totally different from anything I usually do. It's fun and bright and puts a smile on my face! And I even did the quilting myself on my Bernina!



And I've learned that going out of your comfort zone is the only way to learn something new...and that the iron can be your best friend when quilting. :)

7 comments:

  1. I absolutely love your first quilt! I'm glad you tackled the applique' - it really makes the quilt!

    Your latest quilt is very cool! Love the fabrics you used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both of your quilts. Wow! Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats girl! I'm jealous! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. your newest quilt is so pretty. i love the colors

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe you tackled that quilt as your first! In credible. And I love the purple/green combo in your latest.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your first quilt! It's gorgeous. The colors are great and I love the design! Good job. I'm amazed that you quilted your own quilt - I have never attempted that, but you did a great job! It was fun to talk with you at the park the other day. Maybe you, me and Aimee will have to meet up there again sometime!?

    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  7. I made a quilt for Mickelle out of the boy material in the second pic. Yours turned out so cute!

    ReplyDelete