Wednesday, February 18, 2009

My First Quilt


This is the first quilt that I ever made. When I told my mother-in-law that I wanted to learn how to quilt, I found this pattern and said that I would do the quilt part, but not the applique. She told me that no, I was going to do the applique. I wasn't too sure about doing the quilt after that, but I had so much fun! I loved putting colors together and picking out different fabrics and seeing how they all came together. Ugly fabrics that I didn't know why anyone would buy, let alone make! :) I LOVE this quilt. And I love applique! Who would have thought that this quilt would turn me into the quilter I am today. I still have lots to learn, but this was a great way to start! Thanks Patti!

1 comment:

  1. yeah- i have always loved this quilt. you are amazing at applique. I dont know how you do it so dang fast.

    ReplyDelete