So I finished one of my 3 quilts I was working on. This is the first one that I did everything on. I even did the quilting on it. The others I have sent out to be machine quilted. It was a lot of work but really rewarding when I was able to show Curry last night that I had finished it!! I hung it up in my kitchen this morning above my kitchen table. I have one picture to hang beside it, now I've got to find one for the other side. I haven't put anything up on this wall yet because it was so big and I needed something big to bring it down smaller. I think this will work. I am so excited to have one of my projects done. We are going to Montana this weekend to have one of our camels bred, so I will be able to work on my applique quilt while we're driving and hopefully put the backing on that one. Then I will be able to focus on the quilt I am making with Janelle. Then I can start all over with some new projects!!!


I am showing this close up too so you can see some of the detail of the quilting that I did. On the green border I did stars and wavy lines connecting the starts, on the red border I followed some of the plaid lines, the blank squares I did stars, I traced the stars in the other squares and made big X's in the red strips. This was a really fun and EASY quilt to make.
No comments:
Post a Comment